The CFDA/Vogue Fashion Fund was founded 13 years ago and has served as a launch pad for some of the biggest names in American fashion. Alexander Wang, Altuzarra, and Proenza Schouler have snagged the coveted main prize while notable runner-ups include Thom Browne, Rodarte, and 3.1. Phillip Lim. The fund offers its winners more than financial rewards and mentorship – it can launch designers into the fashion big leagues.
On Wednesday, Proenza Schouler’s Jack McCollough and Lazaro Hernandez, announced the 2016 finalists in their Soho store. The 10 finalists include:
- Adam Selman: Adam Selman
- Area: Beckett Fogg and Piotrek Panszczyk
- Brock Collection: Kristopher Brock and Laura Vassar
- Chloe Gosselin: Chloe Gosselin
- Ji Oh: Ji Oh
- Krewe du Optic: Stirling Barrett
- Morgan Lane: Morgan Curtis
- Newbark: Maryam and Marjan Malakpour
- Rochambeau: Laurence Chandler and Joshua Cooper
- Stampd: Chris Stamp
Over the next six months, the finalists will participate in a variety of challenges including a design challenge with Intel followed by a fashion show this October at Los Angeles’ Chateau Marmont underwritten by Kate Spade New York. The winner, to be announced on November 7, will receive a $400,000 prize, and the two runners up will receive $150,000 each.